Parking in St Ives
During the Summer months, all of the car parks in St Ives get very busy. If you have made a reservation and you are driving into town, please leave plenty of time to park your car and get to the beach. Approximate walking times to the beach are listed.
St Ives Car parks:
- The Island Car Park, Burrow Rd, Saint Ives, TR26 1SY (Long stay) – 15-20 mins
- St Ives Railway Station, Saint Ives TR26 2BH (Long stay) – 5 mins and is the closet carpark to Porthminster.
- The Sloop Car Park, St Ives TR26 1LS (Short stay) – 10 – 15 mins
- Balnoon Car Park, Clodgy View W, Saint Ives TR26 1JF (Long stay) – 20 mins
- Porthmeor Beach Car Park, Porthmeor Hill, Saint Ives TR26 1JZ (Short stay) – 20 – 25 mins
- Park Avenue Car Park, Saint Ives TR26 1QE (Long stay) – 10 – 15 mins
- Tiny Car Park, St Ives, Saint Ives TR26 1SN (Short Stay) – 10 – 15 mins
- Trenwith Car Park, Saint Ives TR26 1DD (Long stay) – 15 – 20 mins
*Please note, the walking times are based on a leisurely stroll but don’t allow time to stop for a drink on the way!
Alternatively, you can use the Park and Ride from St Erth (TR26 3DL) and enjoy one of the UK’s most scenic coastal railways that will deliver you right to Porthminster Beach.
Trains run approximately every half hour (hourly in the evening). The trains run till approximately 9pm, if you are going to be later, the buses from the Malakoff bus station run to the Park and Ride run until midnight.